I decided I wanted back in as a Bread Baking Buddy, so this month I took on Tunisian Spicy Bread! Dinner Sunday night consisted of Thai Curry Lentil filled pastry - make dough first!
6 g active dry yeast
290 g semolina flour
4-6 g salt (to taste)
11 ml olive oil, plus extra for brushing
125 ml warm water
1 tbs tapioca starch
1. Mix flour, yeast, starch, and salt. Add liquids and combine. Knead for 10 minutes or until getting difficult to knead.
2. Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
3. Separate into two balls. Let rest while you make the filling.
1/2 cup cooked brown lentils
2 tbs Thai red curry paste
1/2 red pepper
splash of marsala wine
oil for the pan
salt to taste
A few sprinkles of garlic powder
1. Saute onion in skillet using a mild-flavored oil, until translucent.
2. Add diced red pepper, sliced mushrooms, and marsala. When mushrooms are soft, add curry paste, garlic and salt to taste.
3. Mix in lentils (well-cooked) right before filling.
4. Roll out dough to less than 1/4" thickness. Cut circles and fill with lentil mix (a couple tablespoons for 4" diameter). Seal with a little water and fork print. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes until starting to brown. Eat warm with some mango chutney!
Ok kids, that's all I got in me. Next up, DB on Thursday...better get making those cream puffs!