- Mondays: Cookbook of the Week - my culinary library has been feeling neglected as of late, what with the wealth of online recipes and a busy schedule. However, I've dusted off a couple to try out some new recipes.
- Tuesdays: Off the Grocery Shelves - it's a vast world of edible plants, so let's look at something you wouldn't necessarily find at your local supermarket.
- Wednesdays: My Munchable Soapbox - there is always something going on in the vast planet related to food. I'll pick out some interesting news bits and provide a little food for thought.
- Thursdays: Thirty Second Thursdays - quick tips for makers and eaters
- Fridays: Fast Fact Fridays - yeah, that sums it up.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
A Vegan Month of Food
It's October 2nd. Yes, you heard me correctly. We have completed three quarters of the year 2011. Not to dwell upon the obvious, but that just astonishes me. Well, another astonishing little tidbit, is that the Vegan Month of Food (MoFo) has already rolled around again. The idea is to post once per weekday for the entire month. Like last year, I've given themes and my month-long plan a little thought, but have failed to pre-generate the content I had hoped for. However, below is my current plan for the month:
academic agriculture almond amaranth animals apples apricot asparagus avocado baking banana bars basil beans bees beets berries biodiversity blog action day blueberries book bread Cabbage Cake carob carrots cashew cauliflower celery chard Cheese cherry chickpeas chocolate chocolate with a soul Cinnamon rolls climate change coconut coffee commodities conflict conservation contest cookies corn crisp cucumber culture dairy daring bakers dates deforestation dess dessert eggplant eggs Environment Ethics fair trade fennel figs film fish Food Waste Foodie blogroll Frugal Foodie Gardening garlic gender ginger gluten-free GMO grains granola grapes Greens hazelnut health history Holiday honey horseradish human rights hunger ice cream Indian Kale Kiwi kohlrabi lemon lentils lime Live Below the Line livestock macarons mango markets melon mint muffin Munchable Soapbox mushrooms nutrition nuts okra olive oil onion orange organic pasta Pastry peaches peanut butter Pears peas peppers Pie pistachio plum policy pollution potatoes poverty Produce of the Week protein quinoa Rabe raw resources restaurants rhubarb risotto root vegetables salad seafood sesame smoothie social justice SOS soup spinach Squash stevia strawberry sunchoke sunflower seeds sustainability sweet potato tea tempeh Tofu tomato tradition trains Travel Turnip Vegan Vegan MoFo water wheat berries winter squash zucchini