It's that time of year again...well, much earlier for my Pacific Northwest expectations, but apparently not such a rarity here in the DC metro area. Yes, I am talking about blueberries! My farmer (the one for whom I work at the farmers market on Sunday...come visit!) brought his first harvest of blueberries last weekend and they were AMAZING! Now I have to admit that for this first entry to this month's Sweet or Savory (SOS) Kitchen Challenge I used frozen blueberries. But now that I can bring them home from the farmers market, I will have even more fun with the fresh variety, and perhaps some insight from my farmer.
This little recipe was supposed to be a ravioli, but I got too scared that it would fall apart if I boiled it. Instead, you get a baked ravioli!* Here's what I did for these bite-sized snacks:
Blueberry "Cheesecake" Raviolinis
1 tbs oil
1 tbs water
1 tbs almond milk
1 pkt stevia powder
1/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup millet flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup blueberries
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tsp honey/agave
10 drops stevia
1/4 cup raw cashews
3 oz/85 g firm tofu
1 tbs tapioca starch
1. Combine dry dough ingredients in a bowl. Add in liquid ingredients and mix until a dough ball can be formed. Set aside.
2. Food process all filling ingredients. Yes, that's it. You can adjust the sweetener in either to fit your tastes.
3. Roll out dough to about 1/4" thickness. Cut into strips about 2" x 1". Fill one side with about 1sp filling. Fold dough over and crimp edges.**
4. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes until started to brown. Allow to cool. Enjoy!
* Does anyone have a good gluten-free vegan recipe for pasta dough???
** Filling is also fantastic as a cheesecake. Make a crust with almond meal, dates, agave, and bake filled crust until set.
i want one
Rachel, these look fantastic! Of course I adore fresh blueberries, but recently learned to love them cooked, too. I think baking was the correct choice for these babies. ;) Thanks for entering th recipe in the SOS Challenge this month. :)
Post a Comment