And really, what is more American than apple pie? (let's forget that apples are native to Asia...) Well, for my little dinner party last night, I made a twist on the classic comfort dessert - a raw apple pie. Tasty and pretty darn easy!Raw Apple Pie
1 cup cashews
1 cup almonds
3/4 cup shredded coconut
2-3 tbs raw agave nectar
splash of orange juice
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor until a dough starts to form.
2. Press crust into mini muffin cups or silicone holders (I have a silicone mini muffin pan!)
3. Place in freezer for 2-4 hours. If they are in silicon holders, you can pop them out and then return them to the freezer until ready to serve.
2 apples, grated
juice of 1/2 lemon
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup raw sugar
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes to "marinate" or fill pie shells immediately.
2. Serve as soon as filled! Perhaps a la mode?
Also find this and other recipes on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays!